ituated on the outskirts of East Cowes, this church was founded by William Fitz Osborne in 1066, was dedicated in the
twelfth century to Mildred, a Saxon princess. It is here that Princess Beatrice and Prince Henry of Battenberg were married and is the resting place of the Battenbergs. The ground plan takes the form of a Latin cross and the building comprises a chancel, nave and north and south transepts. The unusual length of the chancel is due to the fact that the Osborne pews are located in it.
he other person is Samuel Saunders
Co founder of 'Saunder & Roe' later to become 'The British Hoverctaft Corporation' and today known as GKN Westland Areospace. Without a doubt, both these early pioneers paved the way for the Island today to be recognized as world leaders in both Yachting and the Aerospace industry